An elegant sufficiency

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Clapotis finished

I finished the clapotis scarf the other night, but until now, haven't had time to blog about it. I followed the pattern exactly, made no changes and was appreciative of Liz's tip to download the Excel "Clapotis Row by Row" chart from the Clapotis Knitalong group to use. Thanks Liz!

The yarn is yummy - soft and lightweight with just the right amount of drape. It's Great Adirondack's Sireno and I knitted on 3.75 needles, which seemed comfortable.

I'm pleased with the end result, more so now I've blocked it. I don't think I'd knit it again, however, as I found it rather boring to knit. Took me a while to get into the flow, and then, once I had, I was bored.

Shame, because it really is a very attractive scarf and I think I'll wear it lots.

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • Well done, Gill! Can we see a picture of the whole thing?

    If you ever felt the urge to do it again, silk is the thing... it keeps you going even when bored because the feel of it is so yummy through your fingers! And it hangs so wonderfully.

    By Blogger Liz Plummer, at 10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home