An elegant sufficiency

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ally Pally



  • A general photo of the Knitting and Stitching show because, for some reason, I took hardly any photographs at all. I think I was overwhelmed by the wealth of possibilities there, for doing more of what I already do, for doing more of what I ought to be doing and for doing things that I've never done and hardly dare try, for fear of having even less time to do the first two!

    I was there on Thursday and Friday, on the Denman College stand, but with plenty of chance to look around. As always, it's great to meet friends and catch up a little, and since I didn't go to the show last year, I felt refreshed for giving it a break.

    My highlights:

  • Meeting Dodger-friend Dale and Ian of The Thread Studio again

  • Meeting Sue and her knitting friends

  • Bumping into Paulene

  • Playing with an Embellisher at Bromley Sewing Machines

  • Restocking with yummy coloured fleece and rayon chainette at The Handweavers studio

  • Chatting to Massey & Rogers about their delightful stand, a haven of restraint and style

  • Discovering a great new "English" yarn in such good colours - Sublime

  • Stalking (or being stalked by?) Sandra Murray

  • Finding out about Thermofax screens from Committed-to-Cloth Claire

  • Enjoying Sarah Lawrence's work and seeing how successful Crafty Notions has become.

  • Observing that at last, we are able to buy high quality yarns and tools to knit with

  • Seeing so many bookstands with a great range of titles (I didn't buy a single one)

  • Reaching the conclusion that, at last, it seems as thought the creative textile market is being driven more by people than by products.

  • and, of course, having fun with friends and being with so many like-minded people!

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • What a lovely report Gill, wish I could have been thee, I am looking forward to Harrogate in November

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:47 pm  

  • Hi there, I went to the show on Saturday, dragging along my 9 year old. She was taught how to knit, and is now hooked (I've been trying to teach her for a year to no interest). We loved the knitting Ferrari and stocked up on the Web of Wool stand. It was so busy and such fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 pm  

  • Good to meet up again. Thanks for the Kool Aid. There was too much to look at, especially as I kept on getting lost !! Hoping that the stands I missed out on will be at Harrogate...

    By Blogger Wye Sue, at 10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home